The rules: We play Golf Channel free fantasy golf – https://www.playfantasygolf.com/lobby – we’ll get an ad from them someday.
You have 6 players and get a $100,000 budget. Here’s my team for the week of the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego, CA.
- Tiger Woods, $6,000 – I realize the doubts that one may have with picking Tiger here. I agree and recognize them. However, for only $6,000? He’s someone you can’t pass up. The enormous savings, combined with the high upside provide an automatic buy. He’s won here 8 times already and knows the course. And I mean, we have to root for Tiger being great again!
- Ollie Schniederjans, $17,300 – Coming off of a nice finish at the Sony Open, Schniederjans looks to be a great pick this week. He’s also been making cuts recently, going 4/5 on the year. On top of that, last year he finished with a T9 here. A guy with the kind of swagger that he has (no hat), he’s a safe bet to compete any week.
- Bud Cauley, $17,000 – I like rolling with him again this week. He had a solid week last week finishing T14. I am all in on his friendship with JT. That’s an offseason of training with the player of the year. I think the momentum continues, and for that price, he’s a nice buy-low candidate.
- Kevin Streelman, $13,000 – He’s made all of his cuts this year, which I am very impressed by. Sometimes that’s the name of this game, you can’t win unless all 6 make the cut. Included in that, he’s a T29 last week, as well as 4 other top-20 finishes. I think he keeps it rolling in the California state and we go with him for another week.
- Jon Rahm, $33,300 – I was able to see him play last week in person (article coming on that eventually), and man that guy is amazing. The presence he has over the crowd, the shots he hits, and the tendency for big hits keep people swarming around him. He passes the eye test and I have to pick him. He’s also the reigning champion and on fire with some great results this year. I’m not sure he’ll win again this year, but I expect no less than a top-10.
- Tom Hoge, $11,100 – He has made 5 straight cuts, I love to see that. I tend to choose players who I feel like I can trust to make it to the weekend. A T57 last week concerns me, but 2 top-10s push us onward in trust with Tom. Side note: I respect how he missed that big putt at the Sony Open, and came back the next week to still play respectable golf. This guy has some tough mental makeup and I look forward to him playing this week.
Please contact us at: email@example.com with any feedback!